Dr Ernest Okello Ogwang
Provide leadership and coordination of academic and academic research matters to ensure effective and efficient implementation of policies, teaching and research programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate, obtain approval of and promote policies, plans and programs that will enhance the academic and professional excellence of the University.
- Oversee the creation of, coordinate the implementation and review of a policy framework to ensure that effective institutional structures and mechanisms exist for monitoring quality, the standards and the management of the University’s academic programs.
- Ensure proper planning and coordination of undergraduate and post graduate academic programs.
- Initiate, coordinate curriculum development and review for all courses offered at the University.
- Ensure that all examinations are set and marked in accordance with established Regulations.
- Coordinate the appointment of external examiners.
- Oversee the selection and admission of qualified students.
- Oversee the development of research programs by liaising with Principals of Colleges/ Deans of Schools and submit them to Senate and Council for approval.