Mr. Charles Barugahare
Purpose: The University Secretary is responsible for the general administration of the University, including the custody of the seal, administration of its assets and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall be the Secretary to the University Council
- Disseminate Council decisions to implementing units in a timely manner.
- Shall be Accounting Officer to the University
- Responsible for all legal matters of the University
- Responsible for all procurement and disposal matters of the University
- Advise Council on integrity and propriety of governance
- Provide a written report in support of changes to statutes and policies.
- Advise Council regarding internal governance procedures.
- Ensure that the Oath of Secrecy and Allegiance is administered to members of Council and its Committees