Dr Hellen Byamugisha
Responsible for the development, control, management, and coordination of all library and information services at the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement annual activity plans and budgets as well as monitor and review performance against set targets and objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance of information resources through an effective cataloguing and classification system.
- Coordinate the development of well-stocked and continually updated libraries in order to facilitate proper functioning of the University.
- Monitor and review the performance of the libraries and make recommendations that will ensure the achievement of goals and objectives, particularly regarding maintaining international academic and professional standards.
- Coordinate the acquisition and proper maintenance of books, serial publications, documents, audio-visual materials, electronic resources, computer discs as well as other academic publications, equipment and information technology for all the libraries in the University.
- Receive complimentary copies of books, publications and new acquisitions and pass them on to the relevant departments for distributing to specified lecturers.
- Coordinate annual stocktaking exercise in order to conduct proper audit and accountability of all acquisitions in the library.
- Assess training needs, develop and implement on-the- job training programmes aimed at equipping library staff and users with the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and
- Work closely with the donor organizations and strategic partners to ensure continuing support in the acquisition of information resources as well as the development of library
- Develop and implement an effective knowledge organization system in order to ensure rapid access and retrieval of information.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of library staff against set targets and take corrective action whenever performance improvement is required.