Mr. Henry Mwebe
Responsible for providing legal advice to the University Council, Management and other organs of the University in matters of drafting agreements, contracts, memoranda and other legal documents. The Director Legal Affairs provides clear oral and written interpretation of laws and other statutory instruments relating to the University, ensures and facilitates the University’s compliance with the set policies, regulations and guidelines governing staff and students of the University.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Establishing the strategic direction, designing and implementing policies and procedures for the overall legal function of the University.
- Leading the defense and prosecution of all University legal actions.
- Providing legal expertise to other University departments.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Unit
- Planning and directing all aspects of the University’s legal affairs and ensuring maximum protection of its legal rights.
- Responsible for reviewing and advising management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing and drafting contracts, agreements and ensuring that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- In consultation with the University Secretary liaise with the External Lawyers on all cases that are referred to them for action.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Legal Unit to Management and Counsel.