Mr. Samuel Paul Mugabi
Purpose of the job:
Provide overall management and coordination of ICT services and University support Systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the department.
- Oversee the implementation of all ICT projects within a coordinated operational plan in accordance with the University Strategic plan.
- Coordinate project proposals to secure funding for the University.
- Co-ordinate the production of the Department’s work plan and budget for ICT functions, processes and activities in line with the University’s Strategic Plan and Budget.
- Initiate, implement, and review ICT Policy (s) in line with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide secretariat services to the relevant ICT committees of the University
- Guide the functions and operations of the establishment and maintenance of the physical network infrastructure.
- Link the ICT functions to both National and International Universities and organizations in line with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Supervise the functions and operations of the information systems, database management, network management, planning and maintenance, security management and end user support.
- Prepare and oversee compliance and implementation of the ICT service level agreements in liaison with the prequalified contractors.
- Supervise and appraise staff in the department in line with the HR policy.
- Guide the development of the security and disaster recovery policies and procedures and supervise their implementation.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.